MMO-Champion is reporting new beta build changes, indicating that a new build is around the corner.
Holy changes are being reported as follows:
* Holy Light base healing has been reduced by 25%. Mana costs changed to 9% of base mana, up from 6% of base mana.
Wait, so you’re taking the one heal that’s got a cast time that we can use a lot, even though we don’t usually, because it’s so weak, and you’re making it weaker? AND more expensive?
* Light of Dawn base healing has been increased by 10%. Can no longer consume Holy Power to increase healing.
I’ll have to see what these numbers are like without charges of Holy Power. I’m thinking instead of around 4-4.5k for 3 charges, we’ll be lucky to see 3.5-4k.
* Improved Concentration Aura is gone.
That’s okay. They’re making all spell pushback base 70% resist. Regular Concentration Aura is fine.
* Daybreak now has a 10/20% chance to make your next Holy Shock not trigger a cooldown if used within 12 sec. (Old – 15/30% chance to reset Holy Shock’s cooldown)
I liked the first iteration of Daybreak, but this allows for two Holy Shocks in a row. We’ll be even more dependant on Holy Shock with a weaker Holy Light.
* Spiritual Focus (Tier 5) *New* – Grants hit rating equal to 50/100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects.
Well, that’s good. Yay for our judgements hitting.
Then in prot tree news, this:
* Guardian’s Favor is now a Tier 2 Retribution talent.
That makes it easily accessible to holy paladins for a reduced CD on Hand of Protection. I’ve always loved my shorter BOP cooldown, so this may fight for points.
However, it should be noted that Eternal Glory will be gone from ret and dropped into Tier 1 of the prot tree.
This means we’re looking at 31/2/8 as our ideal build for PVE healing, where we make a choice between Rule of Law (extra 5/10/15% crit to Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, Word of Glory) and Guardian’s Favor.
Note that this hasn’t been released on the beta yet and this is just what I’ve gleaned from reading MMO-Champion, but… Well, I’ll keep you posted on how healing is once this has launched.
This is probably a kneejerk reaction, but basically, I just want to say “So really, what do you want me to heal with going forward?” because that’s kind of how I feel right now. They have just augmented our absolute dependency on Holy Shock by weakening Holy Light and by changing Daybreak, which will allow two Holy Shocks in a row.
It feels very much like I have two spells:
1) Holy Shock: Instant-cast heal with a cooldown. Creates charges of Holy Power.
2) Word of Glory: Instant-cast heal with no cooldown, but dependent on charges of Holy Power.
And that’s it. That’s how it *feels*. I haven’t played much yet in instances and not at all with this build. But I’ll keep you posted.
Please feel free to ask me questions and I’ll do my best to respond.