As always, thank you to MMO-Champion for listing the patch changes!
I never did talk about the last beta build (13221) so I’ll talk about those changes here as well.
* Holy Radiance’s effectiveness now diminish on targets farther than x yards away.
That’s cool. It was a little OP for someone 20 yards away to get the entire benefit of something that comes from us in a pulsing wave thing.
* Divine Light base healing has been increased by 30%. From 8538-9512 to 11100-12366
* Flash of Light base healing has been increased by 30%. From 5313-5961 to 6907-7750.
* Holy Light base healing has been increased by 30%. From 3202-3567 to 4162-4637.
* Holy Shock base healing has been increased by 30%. From 3033-3285 to 3943-4271.
Holy crapsicle. Buff time! Hooray! Maybe now I won’t feel like my heals are completely ineffective.
* Lay on Hands no longer restores mana.
That’s okay! No worries! The new Glyph of Divinity means that anytime you cast Lay on Hands, you gain 10% of your maximum mana. That’s on a 7m cooldown with the new Lay on Hands major glyph.
* Beacon of Light now lasts 5 min, up from 1 min.
Well, that’s handy. We can now remove the major glyph of Beacon of Light which reduced its mana cost to 0 and put in that snazzy new Lay on Hands glyph. :)
* Mastery: Illuminated Healing now absorbs 10% of the amount healed, up from 8%. Now lasts 8 sec, up from 6 sec. Each point of mastery increases the absorb amount by an additional 1.25%, up from 1%.
Effing. Awesome. 8 second shield that’s a minimum of 10% of your heal and mastery givs you even more absorption? This is amazing.
All around, 13221 was a huge buff to holy paladins.
* Holy Radiance 20 yards range added to the tooltip.
Good to know.
* Light of Dawn now uses Holy Power instead of Mana. Now heals up to 5 targets. No longer has a cooldown – Consumes all Holy Power to send a wave of healing energy before you, healing up to 5 of the most injured targets in your party or raid within a 30 yard frontal cone for 1008.96 to 1124.15 per charge of Holy Power.
Okay, this is NOT a nerf, I repeat, this is NOT a nerf! Walks was telling me about this earlier tonight (guild stuff has me buried, so I haven’t tested anything yet). Here’s what he has to say:
Walks: The new Light of Dawn is kind of amazing.
Kurn: The lack of cooldown is really that good, eh? Is it a smart heal? (That would be asking too much, I imagine.)
Walks: Yes to both. 3 stacks of HP will heal for about 8.5k non-crit. It is a smart heal, but the players must be in front of you.
Kurn: Wait, SERIOUSLY?! A directional, smart heal, that heals for 8.5k non-crit? SS or it didn’t happen!!!
Walks: I will later! <3 Raid time. Oh, the LoD glyph lets it hit a sixth target.
So here we have an ability with a variable “cooldown”, that is a smart heal! It’s our version of Wild Growth and Circle of Healing! Complete with the glyph that will add another target to the heal. This is, to be blunt, awesome. And is finally a 31-point talent worthy of its spot. IMHO.
* Blessed Life now cannot occur more than 8 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
PVP talent for sure.
* Protector of the Innocent now affects heals on any target except yourself.
Small nerf, but it makes sense. Why proc a heal on yourself after you’ve just healed yourself?
Overall, holy paladins are looking AWESOME.
But basically, you want to go out there and hit full raid groups of people with Light of Dawn while you still can. ;) My record is 26 people, not including myself.