Totally forgot that Saunder posted a follow-up to Miss Medicina’s original surveyish post and her recent post in response to Saunder reminded me it was something I needed to post, too! :) I snagged all six of Saunder’s questions and the two additional ones from MM.
1. Reread your original answers to the questions. With the benefit of hindsight, score your own work in terms of its cringeworthyness.
Eh, I’m not horrified by my previous responses. I don’t use Lay on Hands enough, though — and I hadn’t mentioned it at ALL in my previous post. I think I probably forgot it existed for a few minutes when writing the original answer for “least used” healing spell.
2. Has your healing improved in the area you identified as your weakest?
Not a whole lot, really, but there’s not a lot I CAN do about my lack of heals on the move and my lack of group heals. But I have pulled some huge numbers on Blood Queen attempts that just remind me that I’m usually at my best with a persistent damage aura going. It means that the tank and OT both benefit from my direct heals (well, one of them with Beacon) and the melee benefit from my Glyph of Holy Light splashes. It’s always fun to see huge numbers.
3. Have you changed your ‘least favoured class to heal with’?
Nope. Still don’t like healing on my shaman. I don’t feel any more powerful than I do on my paladin, even though I can chain heal four people at once versus dropping a 20k heal on a single person.
But apparently, this was meant to be “what other class do you not enjoy healing alongside you on your healer?”
Four months or so ago, I would have probably said a disc priest. Not that I don’t like them, but because I had my doubts that, in a 10-man, a disc priest and a holy paladin would have been able to get through Saurfang together. But then I did that in December or early January and it wasn’t just “fine”, it was “great”. So I guess maybe a second holy paladin would be my answer now. ALL FOUR other classes/specs that heal regularly have better raid-healing capabilities than I do as a holy paladin.
4. Did you read the entries from others in the webring, especially your class?
I did indeed! And still traipse through other entries if I’m bored. :)
5. If Yes to #4, did you learn anything that made you a better healer?
Not with regards to pally stuff, I don’t think (it’s been a while!) but I think I remember a priest writing about using Holy Nova to heal while on the run, which I thought was freaking brilliant and have used that when moving on my little 72 disc priest.
6. What tools/resources or information do you think you would need to improve as a healer and how could that help the community at large?
Maybe the ability for the combat log to record locations of people, movement and stoppage in movement. I love WorldOfLogs and love that they can show us the breakdown over time, show us combat log snippets… but it really doesn’t show us where we are in relation to others. That’s the one thing that I’ve really, REALLY wanted to see and it’s not a failing of WoL’s, because the combat log just doesn’t record that information at the moment. I think it would be GREAT for the community, though, if only to see where people are standing during fights, when they move as a group, singly, etc.
7. What did you identify as your worst habit as a healer? Have you improved in this area?
I said it was my cross-healing. To be honest, it’s not that I’ve necessarily improved in this area, but I am EASILY the healer in my guild who cross-heals the least. So I look good because other people are worse than I’ve ever been.
8. What did you list as your favorite healing spell and your least used healing spell for your class? Are these answers still true? If they have changed, what caused the change (i.e. patch fix, different healing environment, etc)?
Still a sucker for Holy Shock, but I’m using it less often now. I swapped to the Glyph of Beacon of Light from the Glyph of Holy Shock, but I’m debating getting the new libram and going BACK to Glyph of Holy Shock. The least-used (well, we’ll imagine I said Lay on Hands for that)… still don’t use it nearly enough, but I’ve used it on at least two Putricide kills, so even if I never use it again, I used it when it counted, at least twice. :)