Yet another beta build’s changes, according to MMO-Champion. Here are my thoughts on the changes that affect holy paladins.
- Holy Radiance now heals all friendly targets within 20 yards, up from 10 yards.
- Exorcism now scales from 22,5% of AP or Spell Power, up from 15%.
- Lay on Hands: Forbearance effect no longer includes Divine Protection or self-targeted Lay on Hands.
- Paragon of Virtue now also reduces the cooldown of Hand of Sacrifice by 15/30 sec.
- Infusion of Light now reduces the cast time of your next Divine Light in addition to Holy Light.
I’m really pleased with the change to Holy Radiance. This changes it from being something you hit and run into range with to hitting it and healing from where you’re standing — or with just a bit of movement. I like it.
No comment on Exorcism, although I left that change in for those of you who want Denounce.
I’m THRILLED that Lay on Hands no longer causes Forbearance. It seems as though any time Blizzard wants to tune paladins, they just slap Forbearance on some spell. See: Wrath, Avenging. ;)
Paragon of Virtue is a good talent. I’m a fan of it. And now I might be even more inclined to put two points into it. Shortened cooldowns on Divine Protection, Avenging Wrath AND Hand of Sacrifice? Very snazzy.
Holy Shock crits reducing the cast time of Divine Light as WELL as Holy Light? I fully expect this to get nerfed, because that is one fast cast and one hell of a big heal, compared to Holy Light. But as long as it’s around, I’ll be quite happy.
- Crusade has an additional effect – In addition, for 15 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor, your next Holy Light heals for an additional 100/200/300%.
And another reason to pick up Crusade, although this is more PVP/levelling oriented. 300% on a Holy Light is, in pretty good holy gear at 80, about 21k? I also expect to see this nerfed. I also would expect you have to get the killing blow.
I still recommend Crusade for the 30% bonus to Holy Shock, of course.